Cory L. Emberland, AS, BS, DC, FICPA, is a graduate of Northwestern Health Sciences University in Bloomington, Minn. In addition to his rigorous chiropractic education, he completed two years of acupuncture training. Dr. Emberland has an advanced certification in the Cox Distraction technique, a specialized treatment for lower back disc conditions, from the National College of Chiropractic in Lombard, IL. He is also certified in the specialized procedure for pregnant women and breech babies, known as the Webster Technique. In 2002 he became a Fellow of the International Pediatric Chiropractic Association after completing extensive study. To better serve his patients who have sustained auto injuries, he has obtained training in numerous auto injury case management, chiropractic, and soft-tissue techniques. He is well versed in the care of athletes of all levels being certified to provide pre-participation sports physicals, concussion management, and is also a certified SpiderTech Kinesio-tape therapist.
In 1999 he founded Bloomington Family Chiropractic and as its services and scope expanded the name was changed to Bloomington Wellness Center in 2013, now a multi-disciplinary practice focused on natural health care. The clinic has been awarded numerous awards and accolades, regularly voted the best of Bloomington and best chiropractic clinic in Minnesota.
Additionally, in 2010 Dr. Cory completed a year-long SpineCor scoliosis training program and is now one of a small number of certified bracing specialists offering this innovative procedure to adolescents and adults with problematic scoliosis. His education included hundreds of hours of training and a mentorship program prior to final certification by The Spine Corporation LTD of Chesterfield, UK. In support of his vision for scoliosis care, Dr. Emberland established Scoliosis Solutions of MN, LLC in 2011, a division of BWC focusing specifically on the needs of children and adults with scoliosis. His career-long emphasis and training in pediatric, adolescent and maternal care made an easy transition into a division of practice focused exclusively on scoliosis.
In 2014 Dr. Emberland completed the SpineCor Physiotherapy Method training, giving him the distinction of being one of only a small number of SpineCor bracing specialists with both certifications in the United States. He has had the opportunity to work with dozens of adults and children from numerous different states, traveling to work with him and the SpineCor brace, achieving incredible success stories along the way.
2015-2016 was also a time of expansion of Dr. Cory’s depth of knowledge of the conservative management of scoliosis. He attended the first-ever ‘World Master Course’ – a year-long program offered by ISICO (The Italian Spine Institute) and SSORT (Society on Scoliosis Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Treatment) instructed by the best minds across the world in the various treatment approaches used in the management of scoliosis. The education was extensive and in-depth, requiring the detailed study of the literature on the condition. This education expanded his knowledge beyond the flexible brace, into the realm of rigid bracing as well. Dr. Cory was also able to obtain certification in SEAS (Scientific Exercise Approach to Scoliosis), one of the most respected and researched exercise programs specific to scoliosis in the world. This training has positioned him as an expert in the field of scoliosis among his peers and recognized globally as one of a small number of individuals extensively educated and trained in the conservative management of scoliosis.
Dr. Emberland has a passion to assist individuals dealing with scoliosis, offering those he consults with an understanding and open-minded perspective on the management of scoliosis conditions. Working with his clients he has been able to coordinate care and consult with schools, camps, pediatricians, spine surgeons, even the Mayo Clinic has referred to him for SpineCor bracing. He is uniquely able to assist his clients through the difficult to navigate waters of scoliosis with his education, experience, and understanding nature.
As Dr. Cory has expanded his business and clinical expertise he has grown a chiropractic consulting practice with business partner, Ryan Grayson, JD – Grayson Innovative Solutions. They serve numerous chiropractors across the country who may be in the early phase of development in the profession or those who have been practicing a long time but need assistance in clinical or business development.
Dr. Cory and his wife Pam both grew up in Willmar, MN, and now live in Bloomington, MN. They are the proud parents of three boys: Drew, Alec, and Luke, and have an Aussiedoodle named Ranger. Pam has a family and early childhood development degree from Bethel University. In addition to being a stay-at-home mom, and occasional substitute teacher, she loves cooking and making gluten-free taste good and organic gardening. The whole family is involved at Hillside Church and United Christian Academy where Dr. Cory has served on the school board for many years. Dr. Cory is a life-long Minnesota Twins fan—reading, listening, and watching anything related to the Twins. He also loves audiobooks as they quench his desire to learn new things while multitasking. His favorite author is Malcolm Gladwell, having read all of his books, many more than once.More On Chiropractic Care More On Scoliosis Care
Education and Training
- Doctorate of Chiropractic, Northwestern Health Sciences University, 1999
- Bachelors of Science in Human Biology, 1997
- Associate of Science in Biology, 1995
- Fellowship International Pediatric Chiropractic Association, 2002
- Certified Webster Intrauterine Constraint Technique, 2002
- Certified Auto Injury Management, 2002
- Certified Pediatric Auto Injuries, 2002
- Certified Chiropractic Acupuncturist, 1999
- Certified Chiropractic Radiology, 1999
- Certified Cox Distraction Technique, 1999
- Certified SpiderTech Taping Technician, 2011
- Certified SpineCor Scoliosis Bracing Specialist, 2011
- Certified SpineCor Physiotherapy Method, 2014 & 2015
- Certified Pre-participation Sports Physicals, 2014
- Certified ACBSP Concussion Management, 2015
- Certified Scolibrace Therapist, 2016
- Certified Principles & Practice of Scoliosis Conservative Treatment, 2016
- Certified Scientific Exercise Approach to Scoliosis Accreditation Program, 2016
- Certified Spinewerx Decompression Therapist, 2018
- 2015-2016 ISICO Scoliosis World Master Course – Milan, Italy
- 2015-2016 ScoliCare of Austrailia, ScoliBrace 3D-Super-Corrective Brace Certification – Boise, ID
- 2015-2016 Chiropractic Biophysics Scoliosis Management – Boise, ID
- 2003 to 2019: Associate Clinical Faculty – Northwestern Health Sciences University – Bloomington, MN
- 2011 to present: Scoliosis Specialist – Scoliosis Solutions of MN – Bloomington, MN
- 1999 to present: Chiropractor, Bloomington Wellness Center – Bloomington, MN
- 1997-1999: Chiropractic Clinical Externship & Preceptorship, Team Care of MN – Champlin, MN
- 1998-1999: Clinical Internship, private practice – Edina, MN
- 1998: Clinical Internship, Northwestern Clinic – St. Paul, MN
- 1997-1998: Student Clinical Internship, Campus – Bloomington, MN
Board Qualifications and License
- Diplomate National Chiropractic Board of Examiners, Part I, II, III, IV & PT, 1997-1999
- Minnesota Board Chiropractic Examiners, Jurisprudence, 1999
- Doctor of Chiropractic Licensure: Minnesota, 1999-present
- Chiropractic Acupuncturist Licensure: Minnesota, 1999-present