Dr. Curran Dougherty graduated with his Doctorate of Chiropractic Degree from Northwestern Health Sciences University in 2017. Dr. Curran is certified in Graston Technique and has extra training in flexion distraction, kinesiology taping, and sports taping. Prior to his education at Northwestern, Dr. Curran earned his Bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, where he was an integral part of the Division III Men’s Swimming and Diving Team. Dr. Curran spends the time with each individual to assess their underlying issues and creates a specialized care plan to best help the patient reach optimal health. Dr. Curran treats a wide variety of conditions but has a special interest in treating sports injuries, headaches, and sciatic pain.
After completing his undergraduate program, Dr. Curran spent a summer in Chula Vista, California where he was the Sports Medicine Intern for the United States Olympic Training Center. He worked with Chiropractors, PT’s, and Athletic Trainers to treat high caliber athletes with various musculoskeletal conditions. This truly sparked Dr. Curran’s passion for the Chiropractic profession, as he saw first hand the impact that he could make on a patient’s life.
Dr. Curran grew up in Hibbing, MN, and spent plenty of time out on the lake. In his free time, you will find him downhill skiing, kayaking, rock climbing, or spending time with his family at the cabin in northern MN.More On DOT Physicals More On Chiropractic Care
- 2020 NRCME Certified Medical Examiner- DOT Physical Certification
- 2019-Present: Doctor of Chiropractic, Bloomington Wellness Center
- 2018: Doctor of Chiropractic, Axness Integrative Medicine- Baxter MN
- 2017: Certifications in Graston, Flexion Distraction and Taping- NWHSU
- 2017: Chiropractic Clinical Internship, Absolute Chiropractic- Rochester, MN
- 2016: Chiropractic Clinical Internship, Take Care Chiropractic- Minneapolis, MN
- 2014: Sports Medicine Intern, United States Olympic Training Center- Chula Vista, CA
- 2010-2014: Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Board Qualifications and Licensure
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Part I, II, III, IV & Physiotherapy
- Minnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Jurisprudence, 2018
- Doctor of Chiropractic Licensure, Minnesota, 2018-Present