BLOOMINGTON WELLNESS CENTER IN SHAKOPEE, MN IS NOW OFFERING DOT PHYSICALS!
No one likes to take time out for a Department of Transportation Physical, but when you choose the right examiner to perform your physical, you will have a stress-free, timely exam from a provider who truly cares about your well-being. We offer DOT Physicals in Shakopee, MN!
DRIVER FRIENDLY DOT PHYSICAL EXAM IN SHAKOPEE, MN.
At Bloomington Wellness Center-Shakopee, the needs of the patient are always put first, so if you are looking for a DOT physical in Shakopee, you have come to the right place. Not only will you get a thorough exam from a certified examiner, but you will also learn how to make healthier choices for a more balanced life.
- DOT driver exams: As part of our dedication to comprehensive patient care, Bloomington Wellness Center offers DOT exams for commercial driver’s licenses and physicals for drivers who don’t require a CDL but who haul enough weight to require a DOT exam.
- DOT drug and alcohol testing: A basic DOT exam does not include drug and alcohol testing, but it can be performed at the same time as your regular exam if it is required by your company. Drug and alcohol testing requires a separate test and is not included in the cost of a basic DOT exam.
- Pain management: We have seen lots of repetitive strain injuries in the drivers that have come through our clinic. On top of DOT exams for drivers, we also offer regular chiropractic services to help relieve pain in your back, neck, shoulders, hips, and legs.
- Walk-ins and appointments: To make things as convenient for you as possible, our DOT exams are appointment-free, and walk-ins are always welcome. However, we highly recommend scheduling an appointment to ensure little to no wait time! Call us today at 612-767-2800 to book your appointment. You may also schedule your appointment online by clicking here.
MEET THE DOCTOR
Dr. Lance Brisky of Bloomington Wellness Center-Shakopee is a Certified Medical Examiner as recognized by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Dr. Lance Brisky and Bloomington Wellness Center-Shakopee knows how important it is that you pass your test. Our doctors also know how improved lifestyle choices and healthier habits can protect your livelihood, and we will be glad to discuss these options with you during your exam.
Dr. Lance Brisky graduated with his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Northwestern Health Sciences University in 2012. Prior to attending NWHSU, he started his undergraduate at Edgewood College, Madison, WI, and put the finishing touches on his Bachelor’s degree in Human Biology at the chiropractic college. Upon graduating he has continued to further his education and training in nutrition, sports injuries & soft tissue therapy, and kinesiology taping. In addition to yearly continuing education classes, Dr. Lance is an adjunct faculty member at Rasmussen college, teaching anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and nutrition at various colleges and universities around the Twin Cities.
His approach to health and wellness is one of whole-body healing. Our bodies have the capability to heal themselves, given the opportunity to do so. Through chiropractic care, nutrition, exercise, and proper rest the body can do amazing things. This is something that he has a passion for and truly enjoys seeing people live happier and healthier lives.
Dr. Lance was introduced to chiropractic through his two uncles. His first realization of how powerful chiropractic care and soft tissue therapy could be was during his senior year of high school when a basketball injury sidelined him. The trainer said that it would take 6-8 weeks to heal and his uncle had him back in the game in a week and a half.
He grew up in Lodi, WI, and was active in any sport that he could play. He currently resides in Eagan, MN with his wife and 3 older kids. His passion for sports still includes basketball, softball, golf, and running. He also is very active in his church and loves to sing both in the choir and in a men’s group called AMEN.
- 2020 Certified Medical Examiner – DOT Physical Certification
- 2017 and 2018: Great Lakes Conferences – NutriDyn
- 2017: 48 Hour Nutrition Certification – NWHSU
- 2009-2012: Bachelor of Human Biology, Northwestern Health Sciences University
Board Qualifications and License
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Part I, II, III, IV & Physiotherapy
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR DOT EXAM
A DOT exam is a simple and hassle-free three-step process that involves taking your medical history, performing the exam, and filling out all the necessary paperwork.
STEP ONE: MEDICAL HISTORY
To provide an idea of your general health and family background, you will be asked to fill out a brief one-page medical history detailing past illnesses, diseases that run in your family, and your overall health.
STEP TWO: THE EXAM
Once you have provided your medical history our team will review the information you have provided, go over any medical conditions you may have, and perform a basic urinalysis test. As part of the exam, our doctors also:
- Measure your height
- Weigh you
- Take your blood pressure and pulse
- Test your range of motion
- Examine your eyes and ears
- Check your breathing
STEP THREE: PAPERWORK
The final step in the process is the paperwork. Once your medical history and exam are complete, the office will fill out all the necessary paperwork to process the exam results. When you leave the office, you will get a copy of the exam to take with you when you get your CDL, and a second copy to give to your company. We will also keep a scanned copy of the exam in your file at the office. And after all the paperwork has been processed, you will receive a DOT medical card to keep with you at all times while operating your DOT licensed vehicle.
Note: If you need a copy of the DOT exam faxed to your company, please have the fax number handy.
PREPARING FOR YOUR PHYSICAL
A DOT physical at Bloomington Wellness Center-Shakopee only takes about 30 minutes. We accept cash, all major credit cards, and company checks. To prepare for the exam, compile all your medical records, put together a list of any medical conditions you’ve been diagnosed with, prepare a list of medications and the name of the prescribing doctor, and take note of any medical devices that you require.
On the day of the exam, you will have to bring all of this with you. Here is a checklist of things you should bring (where applicable):
- Photo identification
- Medical records
- List of medications, including strength and dosage, for both prescription and over-the counter drugs
- Hearing aids
- Copy of your most recent stress test (for heart conditions)
- Copy of your latest sleep test result (for sleep apnea)
- Contact information, including names, phone numbers, and fax numbers for all your doctors
Right before your exam: Make sure you drink a glass of water and come in with a full bladder, as you will have to provide a urine sample.
TIPS ON MANAGING YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE
We understand that lots of people do not like doctors, hospitals, and medical exams and that anticipating your appointment may elevate your blood pressure. But we work with drivers all day and understand how important it is for you to pass your DOT exam. To help prepare yourself for the appointment, here are things you can do in the days and weeks leading up to your exam:
- Take your medication every day as prescribed and on schedule
- If you forget a dose, take it as soon as possible if that is what your doctor recommends
- Tell our team if you have recently missed a dose so that he can recheck your pressure later or the following day
- Reduce your caffeine, nicotine, sugar, and salt consumption
- Remember that you will not actually find a single white coat in our clinic!
Feel free to drop by Bloomington Wellness Center-Shakopee any time during office hours for a walk-in DOT exam. However, we highly recommend calling our team in advance to book an appointment for a DOT physical, a drug and alcohol test, or a chiropractic service! We know your time is valuable and will work to provide you the very best service with little to no wait!
Are you having injuries from running? Learn how chiropractic treatments can help you today!
Having tingling in your arms, hands, legs and feet? Learn more about those symptoms and what treatments could help you today!
Are you having issues with disc bulge and sciatica? Learn how our services and chiropractic care can help you today!