BLOOMINGTON WELLNESS CENTER IN BLOOMINGTON & SHAKOPEE, MN NOW OFFERING DOT PHYSICALS!
No one likes to take time out for a Department of Transportation Physical, but when you choose the right examiner to perform your physical, you will have a stress-free, timely exam from a provider who truly cares about your well-being. We offer DOT Physicals in Shakopee & Bloomington, MN!
DRIVER FRIENDLY DOT PHYSICAL EXAM IN BLOOMINGTON & SHAKOPEE, MN.
At Bloomington Wellness Center, the needs of the patient are always put first, so if you are looking for a DOT physical in Shakopee or Bloomington, you have come to the right place. Not only will you get a thorough exam from a certified examiner, but you will also learn how to make healthier choices for a more balanced life.
- DOT driver exams: As part of our dedication to comprehensive patient care, Bloomington Wellness Center offers DOT exams for commercial driver’s licenses and physicals for drivers who don’t require a CDL but who haul enough weight to require a DOT exam.
- DOT drug and alcohol testing: A basic DOT exam does not include drug and alcohol testing, but it can be performed at the same time as your regular exam if it is required by your company. Drug and alcohol testing requires a separate test and is not included in the cost of a basic DOT exam.
- Pain management: We have seen lots of repetitive strain injuries in the drivers that have come through our clinic. On top of DOT exams for drivers, we also offer regular chiropractic services to help relieve pain in your back, neck, shoulders, hips, and legs.
- Walk-ins and appointments: To make things as convenient for you as possible, our DOT exams are appointment-free, and walk-ins are always welcome. However, we highly recommend scheduling an appointment to ensure little to no wait time! Call Shakopee today at 612-767-2800 or Bloomington at 952-881-2800 to book your appointment. You may also schedule your appointment online by clicking here.
MEET OUR CERTIFIED MEDICAL EXAMINERS
Drs. Lance Brisky and Curran Dougherty of Bloomington Wellness Center are Certified Medical Examiners as recognized by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Drs. Brisky and Dougherty know how important it is that you pass your test. Our doctors are also well versed on how improved lifestyle choices and healthier habits can protect your livelihood, and we will be glad to discuss these options with you during your exam.
Dr. Curran Dougherty graduated with his Doctorate of Chiropractic Degree from Northwestern Health Sciences University in 2017. Dr. Curran is certified in Graston Technique and has extra training in flexion distraction, kinesiology taping, and sports taping. Prior to his education at Northwestern, Dr. Curran earned his Bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point, where he was an integral part of the Division III Men’s Swimming and Diving Team. Dr. Curran spends the time with each individual to assess their underlying issues and creates a specialized care plan to best help the patient reach optimal health. Dr. Curran treats a wide variety of conditions but has a special interest in treating sports injuries, headaches, and sciatic pain.
After completing his undergraduate program, Dr. Curran spent a summer in Chula Vista, California where he was the Sports Medicine Intern for the United States Olympic Training Center. He worked with Chiropractors, PT’s, and Athletic Trainers to treat high caliber athletes with various musculoskeletal conditions. This truly sparked Dr. Curran’s passion for the Chiropractic profession, as he saw first hand the impact that he could make on a patient’s life.
Dr. Curran grew up in Hibbing, MN, and spent plenty of time out on the lake. In his free time, you will find him downhill skiing, kayaking, rock climbing, or spending time with his family at the cabin in northern MN.
Dr. Curran first began assisting with DOT Physicals as a Clinical Intern during his final year of chiropractic school. Dr. Curran understands that your time is of the utmost importance and prides himself in performing your DOT Medical Exam in a streamlined and timely manner. Dr. Curran enjoys performing DOT Physicals as it helps keep our hard working transportation workers on the road providing their essential skills to our communities .
Dr. Curran was first introduced to DOT physicals as a clinical intern during his last year of chiropractic school, giving him years of experience shadowing and helping with DOT physicals. Dr. Curran knows that your time is of the utmost importance, and prides himself on completing your DOT medical exam in a streamline and timely fashion. He enjoys doing DOT physicals as it adds another service to his toolbox and gives him the peace of mind that he is helping to keep the roadways safer for the general public.More On DOT Physicals More On Chiropractic Care
- 2020 NRCME Certified Medical Examiner- DOT Physical Certification
- 2019-Present: Doctor of Chiropractic, Bloomington Wellness Center
- 2018: Doctor of Chiropractic, Axness Integrative Medicine- Baxter MN
- 2017: Certifications in Graston, Flexion Distraction and Taping- NWHSU
- 2017: Chiropractic Clinical Internship, Absolute Chiropractic- Rochester, MN
- 2016: Chiropractic Clinical Internship, Take Care Chiropractic- Minneapolis, MN
- 2014: Sports Medicine Intern, United States Olympic Training Center- Chula Vista, CA
- 2010-2014: Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Board Qualifications and Licensure
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Part I, II, III, IV & Physiotherapy
- Minnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Jurisprudence, 2018
- Doctor of Chiropractic Licensure, Minnesota, 2018-Present
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR DOT EXAM
A DOT exam is a simple and hassle-free three-step process that involves taking your medical history, performing the exam, and filling out all the necessary paperwork.
STEP ONE: MEDICAL HISTORY
To provide an idea of your general health and family background, you will be asked to fill out a brief one-page medical history detailing past illnesses, diseases that run in your family, and your overall health.
STEP TWO: THE EXAM
Once you have provided your medical history our team will review the information you have provided, go over any medical conditions you may have, and perform a basic urinalysis test. As part of the exam, our doctors also perform:
- Blood pressure, pulse, and respiration
- Range of motion evaluation
- Hearing and vision exam
STEP THREE: PAPERWORK
The final step in the process is the paperwork. Once your medical history and exam are complete, the office will fill out all the necessary paperwork to process the exam results. When you leave the office, you will get a copy of the exam to take with you when you get your CDL, and a second copy to give to your company. We will also keep a scanned copy of the exam in your file at the office. And after all the paperwork has been processed, you will receive a DOT medical card to keep with you at all times while operating your DOT licensed vehicle.
Note: If you need a copy of the DOT exam faxed to your company, please have the fax number handy.
PREPARING FOR YOUR DOT PHYSICAL
A DOT physical at Bloomington Wellness Center-Shakopee only takes about 30 minutes. We accept cash, all major credit cards, and company checks. To prepare for the exam, compile all your medical records, put together a list of any medical conditions you’ve been diagnosed with, prepare a list of medications and the name of the prescribing doctor, and take note of any medical devices that you require.
On the day of the exam, you will have to bring all of this with you. Here is a checklist of things you should bring (where applicable):
- Photo identification
- Medical records
- List of medications, including strength and dosage, for both prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- Hearing aids
- Copy of your most recent stress test (for heart conditions)
- Copy of your latest sleep test result (for sleep apnea)
- Contact information, including names, phone numbers, and fax numbers for all your doctors
Right before your exam: Make sure you drink a glass of water and come in with a full bladder, as you will have to provide a urine sample.
TIPS ON MANAGING BLOOD PRESSURE
We understand that lots of people do not like doctors, hospitals, and medical exams and that anticipating your appointment may elevate your blood pressure. But we work with drivers all day and understand how important it is for you to pass your DOT exam. To help prepare yourself for the appointment, here are things you can do in the days and weeks leading up to your exam:
- Take your medication every day as prescribed and on schedule
- If you forget a dose, take it as soon as possible if that is what your doctor recommends
- Tell our team if you have recently missed a dose so that he can recheck your pressure later or the following day
- Reduce your caffeine, nicotine, sugar, and salt consumption
- Remember that you will not actually find a single white coat in our clinic!
Feel free to drop by Bloomington Wellness Center-Shakopee any time during office hours for a walk-in DOT exam. However, we highly recommend calling our team in advance to book an appointment for a DOT physical in Bloomington. If you need a drug and alcohol test or chiropractic & massage services we’d love to help with that as well! We know your time is valuable and will work to provide you the very best service with little to no wait!
Are you hurting from sitting all day during the pandemic? Learn stretches from Bloomington Wellness Center!
Are you having injuries from running? Learn how chiropractic treatments can help you today!
Why is hydration important? How much water should you drink? Learn more about hydration and how much water you need to drink today!